For golf enthusiasts seeking a challenge, there is no better destination than the PGA National Resort & Spa Champion Course. Located in the heart of sunny Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, this renowned course has hosted some of the most prestigious golf tournaments in the world. With five sets of tees and a rating of 76.1, the Champion Course is not for the faint of heart. This is a course that demands skill, precision, and strategy.
But don’t let the difficulty of the course intimidate you. The PGA National Resort & Spa offers world-class golf instruction from experienced professionals who can help you improve your game. And when you’re ready to relax after a day on the greens, the resort offers luxurious accommodations, rejuvenating spa services, and exquisite dining options.
So what are you waiting for? Book your tee time and unleash your inner golfer at the PGA National Resort & Spa Champion Course. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or a beginner, this is a golfing experience you won’t want to miss.
Read on to learn more about the history of this legendary course, the top-notch golf instruction available at the resort, and the many other amenities that make the PGA National Resort & Spa the ultimate destination for golfers.
Experience the Thrill of the PGA National Resort & Spa
The PGA National Resort & Spa is a premier golf resort located in Palm Beach, Florida. This luxurious resort offers visitors a unique golfing experience that is unrivaled anywhere in the world. Whether you’re a seasoned golfer or a beginner, the PGA National Resort & Spa has something for everyone.
The resort’s crown jewel is the Champion Course, which has hosted several prestigious tournaments, including the Honda Classic. This legendary course was designed by Jack Nicklaus and has been hailed as one of the toughest courses in America. Golfers can experience the same thrill as the pros as they navigate through the course’s challenging holes.
World-Class Golfing Facilities
The PGA National Resort & Spa boasts five championship golf courses, each with its unique features and challenges. From the Arnold Palmer-designed Palmer Course to the Tom Fazio-designed Fazio Course, golfers are guaranteed to have a memorable experience. The resort also has a state-of-the-art golf academy that caters to golfers of all skill levels. The academy’s expert instructors provide personalized instruction to help golfers improve their game.
Guests at the PGA National Resort & Spa can choose from a range of luxurious accommodations, including guest rooms, suites, and villas. Each room is beautifully appointed with modern amenities to ensure guests have a comfortable and enjoyable stay. The resort also has a wide range of dining options, from casual eateries to fine-dining restaurants, to satisfy every palate.
Relaxation and Wellness
The resort’s spa offers guests a range of treatments and services to help them relax and unwind. From massages to facials, the spa’s expert therapists provide personalized care to each guest. The resort also has a state-of-the-art fitness center that features cutting-edge equipment and classes.
- 5 championship golf courses to choose from
- Expert instructors at the state-of-the-art golf academy
- Luxurious accommodations, including guest rooms, suites, and villas
- A range of dining options to satisfy every palate
- The spa offers a range of treatments and services to help guests relax and unwind
- The resort’s fitness center features cutting-edge equipment and classes
Experience the thrill of the PGA National Resort & Spa and unleash your inner golfer. Book your stay now and discover why this resort is considered one of the best in the world.
Take on the Challenge of The Champion Course
Are you ready to take on the challenge of one of the most prestigious golf courses in the world? The Champion Course at PGA National Resort & Spa is the ultimate test for even the most skilled golfers. Known for hosting the Honda Classic, The Champion Course is designed to test your accuracy, strategy, and endurance.
With its iconic “Bear Trap” and undulating fairways, this course will push you to your limits. But don’t worry, it’s not all about the challenge. The Champion Course is also known for its stunning beauty and world-class amenities, making it a must-play for any golf enthusiast.
- The Champion Course was designed by golf legend Jack Nicklaus and opened in 1981
- It is a par-72 course that spans over 7,100 yards
- The course has been rated as one of the top courses in Florida by Golf Digest
The “Bear Trap”
The “Bear Trap” is the nickname given to the course’s toughest stretch of holes – 15, 16, and 1These holes are known for their difficulty and have been the downfall of many professional golfers.
Hole 15 is a 179-yard par 3 with a long carry over water to a shallow green. Hole 16 is a 434-yard par 4 with water along the left side of the fairway and a narrow green. Hole 17 is a 190-yard par 3 with water to the right and a deep green. These holes are a true test of skill and nerves.
- PGA National Resort & Spa offers a range of accommodations, including luxury suites and villas
- The resort features a full-service spa, multiple dining options, and a private lake with water sports
- Other golf courses at the resort include The Palmer Course, The Fazio Course, and The Squire Course
Ready to take on the challenge of The Champion Course at PGA National Resort & Spa? Book your tee time now and experience the thrill of this iconic golf course. Who knows, you may just conquer the “Bear Trap” like a pro!
Discover the Rich History of The Champion Course
If you’re a golf enthusiast, then you probably know about the PGA National Resort & Spa and its legendary Champion Course. But did you know that this course has a rich history dating back to the 1980s?
Originally designed by Tom Fazio, the course was later revamped by Jack Nicklaus to become the challenging 18-hole course it is today. In fact, The Champion Course has been home to the Honda Classic since 2007, bringing the world’s top golfers to compete on its greens and fairways.
From Swamp to Legendary Course
The land where the Champion Course now stands was originally a swampy area that had to be drained before construction could begin. In fact, the project faced several environmental challenges, including the need to relocate protected species like the gopher tortoise. But these challenges were overcome, and the result is the stunning course that we see today.
Home to Memorable Moments
- The Champion Course has been witness to many memorable moments in golfing history. In 1987, Larry Nelson won the PGA Championship on this very course, beating out golf legends like Fuzzy Zoeller and Payne Stewart.
- In 2000, golf fans saw a dramatic showdown between two of the sport’s greats: Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer. The two legends went head to head in a ceremonial round to mark the opening of The Bear Trap, a challenging stretch of holes on The Champion Course.
- And who could forget Tiger Woods’ historic win at the 2019 Masters? Woods had been battling injuries and personal issues for years, but his victory at Augusta marked his return to the top of the golfing world. And it all began with his win at the Honda Classic on The Champion Course, which gave him the confidence he needed to compete at the highest level once again.
A Course Like No Other
The Champion Course is not just another golf course. Its challenging layout, stunning scenery, and rich history make it a must-visit destination for golfers and sports enthusiasts alike. So why not take on the challenge and experience the thrill of The Champion Course for yourself?
Learn from the Pros: Golf Lessons at PGA National Resort & Spa
PGA National Resort & Spa is known for its world-class golf courses and top-notch amenities, but did you know that they also offer golf lessons with PGA professionals? Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned pro, there’s always something to learn from the experts.
With a variety of lesson options available, you can customize your experience to fit your needs. Private lessons allow for personalized attention and instruction, while group lessons provide a fun and social environment for learning. No matter which option you choose, you’ll be getting top-quality instruction from experienced professionals.
- Private Lessons: Work one-on-one with a PGA professional to focus on your specific needs and goals. Lessons can be scheduled for 30, 60, or 90 minutes.
- Group Lessons: Learn in a fun and social environment with friends or other golfers of a similar skill level. Group lessons can be scheduled for up to four people and are available in 60-minute sessions.
- Playing Lessons: Take your game to the next level by playing a round with a PGA professional. You’ll get hands-on instruction and advice on everything from shot selection to course management.
PGA National Resort & Spa boasts a team of expert instructors, all of whom are PGA professionals with years of teaching experience. Their knowledge and expertise are unmatched, and they are dedicated to helping golfers of all skill levels improve their game.
With state-of-the-art technology like TrackMan and V1 video analysis, instructors are able to provide detailed feedback and analysis to help you perfect your swing and improve your overall game.
A Golf Experience Like No Other
At PGA National Resort & Spa, golf is more than just a game – it’s an experience. From the world-class courses to the top-notch amenities, everything about the resort is designed with golfers in mind.
So why not take advantage of everything the resort has to offer and sign up for golf lessons with a PGA professional? You’ll improve your game, meet new people, and have an unforgettable golf experience.
Relax and Recharge: Luxury Accommodations and Spa Services
Escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life and indulge in the luxurious accommodations and spa services at PGA National Resort & Spa. The resort offers a variety of room types to fit any traveler’s needs, from standard rooms to luxurious suites, all with stunning views of the golf courses or lush gardens.
Relax and rejuvenate at the resort’s award-winning spa, which offers a variety of treatments and services, including massages, facials, body treatments, and more. Unwind in the sauna, steam room, or whirlpool, or take a dip in the mineral pools.
- Rooms and Suites: Choose from a variety of room types, including standard rooms, suites, and golf villas, all featuring modern amenities and stunning views.
- Golf Course Views: Wake up to breathtaking views of the resort’s world-renowned golf courses, including the Champion Course, home of the Honda Classic.
- Resort Amenities: Enjoy access to all the resort’s amenities, including multiple pools, fitness center, and restaurants.
The resort’s spa is a haven of relaxation and rejuvenation, offering a variety of services designed to leave you feeling refreshed and renewed.
- Massage Therapy: Choose from a variety of massage techniques, including Swedish, deep tissue, hot stone, and more.
- Facials and Skin Care: Reveal your best skin yet with a variety of facial treatments, including anti-aging, hydrating, and acne treatments.
- Body Treatments: Treat yourself to a luxurious body treatment, including scrubs, wraps, and more, designed to exfoliate, hydrate, and soothe the skin.
Unwind and de-stress with the resort’s variety of relaxation amenities.
- Sauna, Steam Room, and Whirlpool: Recharge and rejuvenate in the resort’s sauna, steam room, or whirlpool.
- Mineral Pools: Take a dip in the mineral pools, which are designed to relax the body and mind.
- Quiet Rooms: Retreat to the resort’s quiet rooms, designed to help you relax and unwind in a peaceful and serene environment.
Experience ultimate relaxation and rejuvenation with the luxury accommodations and spa services at PGA National Resort & Spa. Book your stay today and let the resort’s amenities and services help you unwind and recharge.
Taste the Best of Florida: Culinary Delights at PGA National Resort & Spa
PGA National Resort & Spa offers an array of dining options that feature the best of Florida’s culinary scene. From farm-to-table cuisine at Ironwood Steak & Seafood to authentic Italian dishes at Baro Italiano, there is something to satisfy every palate.
For those looking for a quick bite or a refreshing cocktail, iBar is the perfect spot to unwind. This casual bar offers a variety of small plates, craft beers, and specialty cocktails. If you’re in the mood for a poolside drink or snack, the Waters of the World Cafe is the ideal spot to relax and soak up the Florida sunshine.
Ironwood Steak & Seafood
- Offers a farm-to-table menu featuring locally sourced ingredients
- Specializes in premium cuts of steak and fresh seafood dishes
- Boasts an extensive wine list with over 500 selections
Baro Italiano transports diners to the heart of Italy with its authentic dishes and rustic ambiance. From classic pasta dishes to wood-fired pizzas, the menu is sure to please any Italian food lover.
- Features homemade pasta and pizza dough made from scratch
- Offers an extensive wine list featuring Italian varietals
- Provides a warm and inviting atmosphere with rustic decor
iBar is the perfect spot to grab a drink or a quick bite. This casual bar features a variety of small plates, craft beers, and specialty cocktails.
- Offers a laid-back atmosphere with live music on select nights
- Features a menu of small plates, perfect for sharing
- Boasts a selection of craft beers and specialty cocktails
At PGA National Resort & Spa, you can indulge in the best of Florida’s culinary scene. Whether you’re in the mood for a premium steak, authentic Italian dishes, or a refreshing cocktail, there is something to satisfy every craving.
Explore the Surrounding Area: Beyond the Greens of PGA National Resort & Spa
While PGA National Resort & Spa offers an unparalleled golfing experience, there are also plenty of activities to enjoy beyond the greens. Take a break from golfing and explore the surrounding area for a taste of the local culture and natural beauty.
From stunning beaches to vibrant downtown areas, there’s no shortage of things to do and see. Here are some top recommendations to make the most of your time in the area:
- Visit the stunning Juno Beach, just a 15-minute drive from the resort.
- Experience the bustling and beautiful Palm Beach, just a 25-minute drive away.
- Explore Singer Island, a beautiful and quiet beach just 20 minutes away.
Nature and Wildlife
Get up close and personal with Florida’s unique flora and fauna:
- Take an airboat ride through the Florida Everglades and spot alligators, turtles, and more.
- Visit John D. MacArthur Beach State Park, a stunning nature reserve just 10 minutes away from the resort.
Shopping and Dining
Discover some of the area’s best shopping and dining options:
- Visit Downtown at the Gardens for a unique shopping experience.
- Enjoy a night out in West Palm Beach’s vibrant Clematis Street, filled with dining options and entertainment.
- Take a trip to Palm Beach’s Worth Avenue, known for its upscale shopping and dining.
There’s something for everyone beyond the greens of PGA National Resort & Spa. Whether you’re seeking adventure or relaxation, the surrounding area has plenty to offer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the PGA National Resort & Spa – The Champion Course located?
The PGA National Resort & Spa – The Champion Course is located in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. It is situated within a 2,300-acre golfing paradise that also includes four other courses.
What is the PGA National Resort & Spa – The Champion Course?
The PGA National Resort & Spa – The Champion Course is a championship golf course that was designed by Jack Nicklaus. It is known for hosting the Honda Classic, a PGA Tour event.
What amenities are available at the PGA National Resort & Spa – The Champion Course?
The PGA National Resort & Spa – The Champion Course offers a variety of amenities, including a pro shop, locker rooms, practice facilities, and dining options. There are also golf instruction programs available for players of all skill levels.
Can non-guests play at the PGA National Resort & Spa – The Champion Course?
Yes, the PGA National Resort & Spa – The Champion Course is open to the public. However, tee times may be limited during peak season, so it’s recommended to book in advance.
What is the difficulty level of the PGA National Resort & Spa – The Champion Course?
The PGA National Resort & Spa – The Champion Course is a challenging course that is designed to test even the best golfers. The course is known for its demanding water hazards, bunkers, and undulating greens.
What other activities are available at the PGA National Resort & Spa – The Champion Course?
In addition to golf, the PGA National Resort & Spa – The Champion Course offers a variety of other activities, such as spa treatments, tennis, fitness classes, and dining options. There are also numerous attractions and outdoor activities available in the surrounding area.