If you’re planning a trip to the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, you’re probably wondering which airport is closest. Luckily, we’ve got you covered with the ultimate guide to finding the closest airport to this stunning resort.
When it comes to finding the nearest airport, there are a few factors to consider. Depending on where you’re coming from, there may be several airports to choose from. You’ll want to consider factors like distance, transportation options, and flight availability to make the best choice for your trip.
In this guide, we’ll explore your top airport options, how to find the distance between your airport and the resort, tips for booking the cheapest flights, and even some travel hacks to make your vacation stress-free. So, whether you’re a seasoned traveler or planning your first trip to Maui, read on to find out everything you need to know about getting to Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa.
Ready to start your Maui adventure? Let’s dive in!
Discover the Best Way to Get to Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa
Located in the picturesque Lahaina town, Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa is a perfect destination to relax and unwind. But, before you can kick off your shoes and sip your favorite drink, you need to know the best way to get there. Here, we’ll explore the options available for you to reach this beautiful resort with ease.
From taxis to shuttles, to rental cars, there are several ways to get to Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa. However, which one is the best for you? Let’s find out below.
For those who want more freedom to explore Maui, renting a car is a great option. The airport has several car rental companies to choose from, including Hertz, Avis, and Enterprise. Renting a car gives you the freedom to go where you want when you want. Plus, you can easily park your rental car at the resort’s on-site parking lot.
Taxis and Ride-Sharing Services
- Taxis: If you prefer the convenience of having a driver, then taking a taxi from the airport is a great option. Maui Taxi and Island Taxi are some of the taxi companies that offer services to Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa. However, taxis can be expensive, especially if you plan to travel long distances.
- Ride-Sharing Services: If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option, then ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft are great choices. They offer affordable rates and can easily take you to the resort without any hassle. Just make sure to check the pick-up location for these services at the airport.
If you prefer a more comfortable ride with plenty of space for your luggage, then shuttle services are perfect for you. SpeediShuttle and Roberts Hawaii are two of the most popular shuttle services that offer transport to Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa. These services are perfect for groups, families, or anyone who wants to travel in style.
Now that you know the best way to get to Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, you can start planning your trip with confidence. So, book your tickets, pack your bags, and get ready for a memorable vacation in Maui.
Top Airport Options for Your Next Maui Getaway
If you’re planning a getaway to the beautiful Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, you’ll want to choose the right airport to make your journey as smooth as possible. Here are the top airport options to consider:
Kahului Airport (OGG) is the primary airport on Maui and is located about 27 miles from the resort. It’s the most convenient option for travelers coming from the US mainland or interisland flights, with multiple airlines offering daily direct flights. You can rent a car or arrange for shuttle service to reach the resort.
Transportation Options from Kahului Airport
- Rental Car: Renting a car is a great way to explore the island at your own pace. You can choose from several rental car companies located at the airport.
- Shuttle: Several shuttle companies provide shared or private shuttle service from the airport to the resort, with rates starting around $30 per person.
Kapalua Airport (JHM) is a smaller airport located about 3 miles from the resort. While it doesn’t offer as many flight options as Kahului Airport, it’s a great option if you’re coming from a neighboring island or prefer a shorter transfer time. You can rent a car or arrange for shuttle service to reach the resort.
Transportation Options from Kapalua Airport
- Rental Car: Several rental car companies are located at the airport, making it easy to rent a car and drive to the resort.
- Shuttle: Several shuttle companies provide shared or private shuttle service from the airport to the resort, with rates starting around $15 per person.
Hana Airport (HNM) is located on the eastern side of Maui, about 50 miles from the resort. While it’s not the most convenient option, it offers stunning views of the island during the drive. You can rent a car or arrange for shuttle service to reach the resort.
Transportation Options from Hana Airport
- Rental Car: Renting a car is the best option to explore Hana and the surrounding area. You can choose from several rental car companies located at the airport.
- Shuttle: Several shuttle companies provide shared or private shuttle service from the airport to the resort, with rates starting around $100 per person.
Whether you choose Kahului, Kapalua, or Hana Airport, you’ll find transportation options to suit your needs and make your journey to Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa a breeze. So pack your bags and get ready to experience the beauty and tranquility of Maui!
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Right Airport
When planning a trip to Maui, choosing the right airport is an important decision that can affect your travel experience. There are several factors to consider before making your final decision, including:
Location: The location of the airport can impact your travel time to your final destination. Consider the distance from the airport to your hotel or other accommodations.
Other factors to consider include:
- Airlines: Check which airlines fly to each airport and if there are direct flights from your departure location.
- Cost: Compare the cost of flights to each airport, including any additional fees such as transportation to your final destination.
Airport amenities: If you have a layover, consider the amenities available at the airport, such as dining, shopping, and lounges.
Airport size: Smaller airports may have fewer flights and amenities, but can also mean less crowded terminals and faster security lines.
By taking these factors into account, you can make an informed decision on the right airport for your Maui getaway, ensuring a smooth and stress-free travel experience.
How to Find the Distance Between Your Airport and Hyatt Regency Maui
If you’re planning a trip to the beautiful Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, it’s important to know the distance between the airport you’ll be flying into and the resort. This will help you plan your transportation and ensure a smooth arrival at the resort.
There are several factors to consider when calculating the distance between your airport and the resort, including the location of the airport, the mode of transportation, and any stops or detours along the way.
Factor #1: Location of the Airport
The location of the airport you’ll be flying into is the first factor to consider when calculating the distance to Hyatt Regency Maui. The resort is located on the west side of Maui, so if you’re flying into Maui, you’ll likely land at Kahului Airport, which is located on the north side of the island.
If you’re flying into a different airport, such as Honolulu International Airport on Oahu, you’ll need to factor in the distance between the two islands and any transportation required to get to Maui.
Factor #2: Mode of Transportation
The mode of transportation you choose will also affect the distance between your airport and Hyatt Regency Maui. If you plan on renting a car, you’ll need to factor in the distance to the rental car facility and the drive time to the resort. If you’re taking a shuttle or taxi, you’ll need to consider the time it takes to pick up other passengers or make stops along the way.
It’s important to note that traffic can be heavy on Maui, especially during peak travel times, so you’ll need to plan accordingly to ensure you arrive at the resort on time.
Factor #3: Stops and Detours
If you’re planning on making any stops or detours on the way to the resort, you’ll need to factor in the additional time and distance. For example, if you plan on stopping at a grocery store or restaurant on the way, you’ll need to factor in the time it takes to make those stops and any extra distance you’ll need to travel.
- To calculate the distance between your airport and Hyatt Regency Maui, you can use a map service such as Google Maps or MapQuest.
- Enter your starting location (airport) and destination (Hyatt Regency Maui) to get an estimated travel time and distance.
Knowing the distance between your airport and Hyatt Regency Maui can help you plan your transportation and ensure a smooth arrival at the resort. Keep these factors in mind when calculating your travel time and distance, and don’t forget to factor in any potential delays or detours along the way.
Tips for Booking the Cheapest Flights to Maui
If you’re planning a trip to Maui, one of the biggest expenses you’ll face is the cost of airfare. Fortunately, there are several tips and tricks that can help you find the cheapest flights possible.
First, consider booking your flight during the off-season, which is typically from mid-April to mid-June and from September to mid-December. This can save you hundreds of dollars on airfare. Second, be flexible with your travel dates and times, as flights that depart or arrive at less popular times may be cheaper. Finally, use a travel rewards credit card to earn points and miles that you can redeem for free flights or upgrades.
Search for Flights in Incognito Mode
When searching for flights, use your browser’s incognito mode or clear your cookies to prevent airlines from tracking your search history and potentially raising prices based on your interest.
Compare Prices Across Multiple Booking Sites
- Check prices on multiple booking sites such as Expedia, Kayak, and Orbitz to find the best deals.
- Consider booking directly with the airline, as they may offer exclusive deals that you won’t find elsewhere.
Sign Up for Airline Newsletters and Alerts
- Sign up for newsletters and alerts from your preferred airlines to stay informed of sales, promotions, and last-minute deals.
- Follow airlines on social media to keep up with special deals and flash sales.
By following these tips, you can save money on airfare and have more to spend on enjoying all that Maui has to offer, from its beautiful beaches to its lush rainforests and exciting outdoor activities. Happy travels!
Make Your Maui Vacation Stress-Free with These Airport Travel Hacks
Traveling to Maui is a dream come true for many people. However, the journey can be stressful if you don’t plan ahead. Here are some airport travel hacks to make your Maui vacation stress-free.
First, pack your carry-on bag wisely. Bring only the essentials, such as your passport, boarding pass, and any medication you need. Pack a change of clothes in case your luggage gets lost. And don’t forget to bring a reusable water bottle and snacks to avoid expensive airport food.
- Pre-booking your transportation to and from the airport can save you time and money. Taxis and ride-sharing services are available, but they can be expensive. Consider booking a shuttle service or renting a car in advance.
- Booking ahead also ensures that you won’t have to wait in long lines for transportation, which can be especially frustrating after a long flight.
Save time and avoid long lines at the airport by checking in online. Most airlines allow you to check in up to 24 hours before your flight. You can also print your boarding pass or have it sent to your phone.
By checking in online, you can skip the check-in counter and head straight to security.
Pack smart for security
- Security checkpoints can be a hassle, but you can make the process easier by packing smart. Make sure your liquids are in a clear, plastic bag and follow the 3-1-1 rule (3.4 ounces or less per container, 1 quart-sized clear plastic bag, 1 bag per passenger).
- Wear easy-to-remove shoes and avoid wearing jewelry or accessories that may set off metal detectors. And don’t forget to empty your pockets before going through security.
With these airport travel hacks, you can make your Maui vacation stress-free from the moment you arrive at the airport. Happy travels!
Frequently Asked Questions
Which airport is closest to Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa?
The nearest airport to Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa is Kahului Airport (OGG), which is located approximately 27 miles away from the hotel. The drive takes about 45 minutes, depending on traffic.
How can I get from Kahului Airport to Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa?
You can rent a car, take a taxi or rideshare service, or book a shuttle service to get from Kahului Airport to Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa. Alternatively, the hotel offers a variety of transportation options, including private car service and limousine service.
Is there a shuttle service available from Kahului Airport to Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa?
Yes, there are several shuttle services available from Kahului Airport to Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa. You can book a shuttle in advance or upon arrival at the airport. Alternatively, the hotel also offers a shuttle service.
The average cost of a taxi or rideshare service from Kahului Airport to Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa is approximately $100-$150, depending on the time of day and demand. Prices may vary based on the type of service you choose.
Can I rent a car at Kahului Airport?
Yes, there are several car rental companies located at Kahului Airport, including major brands such as Hertz, Avis, and Enterprise. You can book a car in advance or upon arrival at the airport.
Does Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa offer airport transportation?
Yes, Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa offers a variety of transportation options to and from Kahului Airport, including private car service, limousine service, and shuttle service. You can arrange transportation in advance or upon arrival at the hotel.